The Kabbalah also known as the Tree of life and the Tarot are connected to each other by shared symbolism. A short explanation can be found below
The 22 Major Arcana of the Tarot
Each Major Arcana can be connected to a path on the Kabbalah.
There are three elements (water, air, fire) bound in one (earth), seven planets and twelve zodiac signs.
3 + 7 + 12 = 22 Great Arcana
You can find the respective path to the corresponding Major Arcana below.
0 – The Fool
The 56 Minor Arcana of the Tarot
There are 56 Minor Arcana cards, 14 cards connected to each set.
These sets are called „Wands“, „Cups / Chalices“, „Swords“ and „Disks / Pentacles“
The sets are connected to the four elements and to the worlds of the Kabbalah:
Wands – Atziluth – the world of emanation – element: fire
Cups – Briah – the world of creation – element: water
Swords – Yetzirah – the world of formation – element: air
Disks – Assiah – the material world – element: earth
Each of these sets is composed of cards from one to ten (connected to the 10 planets/spheres) of the Kabbalah and four royal cards, again connected to the elements:
One – Kether
Two – Chokmah
Three – Binah
Four – Chesed
Five – Geburah
Six – Tipareth
Seven – Netzach
Eight – Hod
Nine – Yesod
Ten – Malkuth
Princess – Earth
Prince – Air
Queen – Water
Knight – Fire
To summarize: The 78 cards of the Tarot represent connections between the planets and elements and zodiac signs.
These correspondences are the basis for studying the Tarot and the symbolism connected to the cards and of course the gateway to incredibly much more!
If you want to look into these correspondences and symbolism I recommend for starters:
DION FORTUNE’S The Mystical Qabalah
HAYO BANZHAF’s The Crowley Tarot
ALEISTER CROWLEY’s The Book of Thoth
If you don’t know where to start your journey or have difficulties on interpreting symbols on your path, just write me a note and I’ll try to help.
– The Kabbalah can be a map to the body, to nature and to the cosmos, a geometric schema, a system of correspondences and much more – start exploring it’s mysteries.
– Each Sephira / Planet has infinite Kabbalahs within itself like worlds within worlds, so the correspondences and correlations are often difficult to define, endless and infinite, never absolute.
– The planets are not actual planets of the solar systems, but only symbols of their own. The same counts to zodiac signs and elements. There are correspondences to physical planets, elements and zodiac signs, but that’s only part of the whole story – dig deeper than that.
– each symbol is subjective to the mind and can never have a definite and absolute meaning.
– if a symbol appears as a card, in a vision or a dream it can mean very different things. The answer is within you and can’t be found in a book or the internet.
Free shipping to Austria from EUR 49.00, to Europe from EUR 69.00, to the rest of the world from EUR 111.00 Dismiss